Date Walnut coffee scone (Makes 12) This recipe is very easily versatile! If you don’t have or want some of the add-ins, change them up! Be creative and create yourself something delicious that will bring some bliss to your day!
- 1 cup dates (optional or changeable)
- 1 cup walnuts (optional or changeable)
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp ground coffee (optional or changeable)
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla (optional or changeable)
- A little milk
- 3 Tbsp coarse sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp ground coffee (optional or changeable)
- Chop the dates and the walnuts into a bowl and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder in a bowl and add in sugar, salt and 4 TBSP coffee grounds, mix.
- Cut the cold butter into your flour mixture until it turns into a sand like texture.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, cream and vanilla.
- Add cream mixture to the flour mixture, gently mix together.
- Separate the dough into 2 portions and shape into 2 15cm circles on lined baking.
- Then cut each circle into 6 triangle, spread out on the cookie sheet.
- Mix coarse sugar and 1 tsp coffee grounds, brush milk onto scone and sprinkle coffee sugar on top.
- Freeze scone for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 425 f.
- Bake scone in the oven for 18 to 25 minutes until lightly golden on the edges.
- Let cool and serve with fresh cream
Orange Cranberry Muffin Recipe (Makes 12) Classic muffin for breakfast or a snack!
- Zest of 1 orange (divided)
- 250ml orange juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp white sugar (divided)
- 150ml + 1/4 cup oil (divided)
- 2 1/2 cups + 2/3 cup flour (divided)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375f and line or grease muffin tin.
- Zest orange, place 1 TBSP of zest in a bowl
- Add brown sugar, 1 TBSP of sugar, ¼ cup oil and ⅔ cup flour and mix, set aside
- Sift 2 ½ cups flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl, mix in salt.
- In another bowl mix oil and sugar, then mix in 1 egg at a time followed by the orange juice.
- Mix in the flour mixture and rest of the zest.
- Lastly carefully fold in the frozen cranberries
- Evenly distribute muffin batter between the 12 molds
- Top with set aside sugar zest mixture and bake for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Tea shortbread with honey glaze (Makes 12) Use whatever tea you would like! I love this recipe with chai and green tea too!
For the shortbread :
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of tea of your choice + more to decorate (I used 1 1/2 tsp earl grey + 1/2tsp lavender)
- 2 cups unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 1/2 honey
- 4 Tbsp or more of water
- Grind your tea of choice into a fine powder. You can use a mortar and pestle, a blender or grinder
- Sift your flour in a bowl and add in your tea powder.
- In another bowl or stand mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in sugar and beat again.
- Mix in your flour mixture.
- Split dough into 2 shapes into logs about 5cm by 30cm and wrap in plastic wrap tightly.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350f
- Un wrap cookie dough and cut cookies about 1.25cm thick. Place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-15 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Take out and let cool
- When cookies are cooling, sift powdered sugar into a bowl
- Mix in the honey followed by water until you reach a smooth runny consistency.
- When cookies are cooled dip the cookies into icing letting the excess drip off or drizzle the icing over the cookies
- Finish by sprinkling a little more tea on top of the cookies.